Don’t buy this book if:
- You have too much free time on your hands.
- You find the word “dutiful” a real turn-off.
- You can cook dinner and talk with paramedics simultaneously.
- You believe humor has no place in challenging situations.
- You’d rather figure everything out by yourself.
For everyone else, there’s The Dutiful Daughter’s Guide to Caregiving, a reassuring combination of financial planner, family therapist, geriatric care manager, and cheeky best friend.
Chapter by chapter, it offers personal stories and practical wisdom on topics such as must-have legal documents; dealing with caregiver stress; asking the right questions when speaking to doctors; and knowing what to include in a caregiver's tool box, aka your purse.
Filled with laughter, tears, and lessons learned, this book is a valuable resource for anyone taking on more responsibility for an elderly parent’s well-being.